Friday, May 9, 2008

"The sun sets in flames as the city burns, another day gone down as the night turns, and I hold you here in my heart as things fall apart....."

Well it is Friday again and time for some more odd news. Well not necessarily odd but definitely disturbing.
"Insects pollinating Australian tongue orchids (Cryptostylis species) frequently ejaculate and waste copious sperm," they wrote in a report in The American Naturalist."
I think the quote above from the article says enough.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080508/odds/odd_orchids_deception_dc
"All 17 people got their left ears sliced off," Diop told Reuters. "We rushed to the place where it happened but we did not find the attackers," he said."
I found the story below bizarre and disturbing. Why just the left ears?
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080508/world/international_senegal_casamance_dc
"The teenager then found three identical packets on the bottom of the freezer and opened one and saw the head and arm of an infant that was wrapped in a hand towel, police said."
As disturbing as the story above is, this one is equally as disturbing.
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hsUSwR5Ai6n-HWj3tNdxUNA3zDyQD90FJ0S00
"My father said "Son, we're lucky in this town, it's a beautiful place to be born. It just wraps its arms around you, nobody crowds you and nobody goes it alone"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=PwLfgH6D_EA
The following is from the book I am currently reading called Bloodletting and Miraculous Cures by Vincent Lam.
"Blood bears the curse of human malice. This life fluid may conceal destruction, the way words and thoughts can kill unseen. Within blood the idea of death can flow."
"I removed the watch, turned it over. The watch was perfect, unmarked. The human bite is the dirtiest, the most foul, and destined for infection. Worse than dogs or cats, because the human mouth is full of filth."
"I got shackles on my wrist, soon I'll slip 'em and be gone, Chain me in a box in the river and I'll rise singin' this song..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCVJny3Va4I
I actually felt like writing something yesterday, it wasn't magic and it didn't capture what I was trying to but it is something.
Not Capturing It
There has been a lack of creativity
Emanating from deep inside of me
During the last month or even longer
I have little desire to imagine or create
Observing life as usual but not capturing it
April quickly became May and now June waits
This city’s trees are more green and vibrant
Sunlight appears but does not always stay
Arriving like an expected and welcomed guest
Leaving like a lover wanting more time
I have come to some realizations lately
Not being ready for much and especially love
Giving up on writing and choosing to read instead
Everything has been said better and more poignant
There does not seem like much sense repeating
What a woman can find in countless novels
Their characters far more whimsical and charming
Seemingly hopeless but full of hope
Unlike my mind and its constant thoughts
I am getting good at blocking out failure
Knowing it is a tear meant to fall from me
The music will always play its pearls
Even I cannot make them dull in my heart
A room spins with happy party people
I am smiling but does it actually show
How infrequent this actually occurs
At least I am trying or appearing to
No one can dissect themselves completely
The blood will eventually become too much
Bleeding my words has been normal to me
Now it is seems like I have never been inspired
Learning to write again is not like riding a bike
I am constantly falling and not ready to hurt
All of that is somewhere in the past
Where the love grew but died
Perhaps next April or next May
There will be a love to write about.
05/08/08
"I went to see the gypsy the other night, she looked in my palm, looked me in the eye, said you're a lucky man, some folks got fortune, some got eyes of blue, what you got will always see you through, you're a lucky man...."
The above lyrics are from Bruce Springsteen's Lucky Man (which I could find a youtube clip of). The rest of the lyrics are taken from songs off of Bruce Springsteen's latest album Magic, which is really good.
I played poker with the boys for the first time in a couple months last night and actually made $45. Returners luck. We are all lucky to be a part of the randomness that is human life. One of us will be the last to die.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nFSFD2wXJ2E
john.

No comments: