Thursday, May 29, 2008

"All of the things that I want to say just aren't coming out right, I'm tripping inwards, you got my head spinning....."

The weather today is perfect like it was yesterday but a little warmer. The temperature is in the low 20's with a strong breeze, lots of sun and very little cloud. Traces of white are high above like snow in the distance or memories forgotten. I tend to blog a lot about the weather, I guess I generally observe nature and its happenings.
Yesterday I helped a friend move and I am a little sore today. It wasn't too bad, after the second trip we had a BBQ with massive burgers, dogs and beer. It was good but we still had to unload the truck and all I wanted to do then was sleep. This is what I want to do if I have beer in the afternoons and stop. Which is why I usually don't, unless the occasion calls for it. I guess this one did.
"For the life of me I cannot believe we'd ever die for these sins, we were merely freshmen...."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sVNAp1C8LIw
The following story about Vancouver Canucks young defence Luc Bourdon is tragic. Young athletes who play a game that moves at a fast pace often live their lives this way. Whether speed, alcohol or anything else was responsible for him losing control of his motorcycle, I don't know. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080529/sports/nhl_bourdon_killed
"We stood outside together, and we laughed like ancient friends. Then we laid down in a field, just where the road begins and ends...."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q6YZo0ZIGSU
Canada actually has a political scandal worth reading. The Maxime Bernier, Julie Couillard, Hell's Angels, Classified documents and his resignation from Foreign Affairs Minister is fascinating. The whole thing is also very embarrassing for Canada and Stephen Harper, though I think it is going to hurt Harper more than the country in the long run. Bernier was his star minister from Quebec and has left Harper with egg on his face. An article from today's Globe and Mail about the motives behind her actions is below.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080529.wlbreakup29/BNStory/lifeFamily/home?cid=al_gam_mostrecom
I should really do some creative writing because it seems like forever since I created anything good. I suppose I need a new muse.
The songs used into today's blog are The Verve Pipe's one hit The Freshman, the very good Jim Cuddy of Blue Rodeo's Pull Me Through and the title lyrics are from Lifehouse's popular song You and Me, there is a link to it below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zPsQWT7d0iM
jr.

No comments: