Monday, May 26, 2008

"Here comes the wind let your string unwind, run as fast as you can in your mind, back to a place that you never forgot, before everything was lost.."

The weather today is stifling, 27 and closer to 35 with the humidity. Sunday was a perfect 20 with a light breeze.
Saturday we were supposed to go and see our friends band play at a pub but we got there too late. As with most Saturday drinking nights we lost track of the time. We should have been there at 10 but we got there at 11. Despite this, the night ended up being very fun. A lot of people we knew where there and we split the time between listening to the other bands and sitting on the patio. For a small place it was very busy. I think we ended up crashing close to 5 or at least I did. I was surprisingly functionable Sunday and we had a good late breakfast. Followed by a relaxing and hangover curing walk along the river's paths. Gibbons Park is my favourite place in this entire city.
"Can you imagine a piece of the universe more fit for princes and kings? I'll give you ten of your cities for Marion Bridge and the pleasure it brings..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZdbqOj4XFfk
The above lyric is from Song For The Mira and it was featured in the Canadian movie Marion Bridge. I watch the movie last night and thought it was pretty good. It could be classified as a chick film starring Molly Parker (who is really good) and a young Ellen Page. Definitely before Juno. The link below provides information on the movie. It was a very Canadian movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0329355/
"I've got so many songs that you never heard, and they weren't about you...."
(The lyric above is from the song Further North by Jets To Brazil, I couldn't find a link so that you could hear but the band is really good)
Anyway I could easily replace the lyric with, I've got so many poems that you have never read, and they weren't about you. This one isn't about any one in particular, except maybe me.
The Flight and Sight Of A Wizard
The all-knowing wizard takes flight
Wearing a cloak of stars and moons
High above me he is quite a sight
Casting spells both good and bad
I am transfixed like a young child
Waiting for a gift from his hands
The answers to my deepest questions
Those I cannot figure out for myself
After all these years of introspection
Producing no love or understanding
Only agonizing doubt and endless debate
When I contemplate finding a woman
Extending myself beyond common courtesies
The fear of rejection has left me lonely
Life is too special not to share it
With someone who makes you happy
Whether it is for a short time or a long time
Countless walks through your favourite park
Observing seasonal changes in its nature
Conversations diverse or comfortably silent
Birds providing music and ducks amusement
When they crowd walkways with webbed feet
I am ready to fall under the right spell
Should it cast my heart under a feeling
One full of excitement but also calm
Hope grows as spring blooms and summer whispers
She is coming to flourish unlike previous years
When I let her wilt, burn or simply fade
Differences take time to be seen or shown
Their presentation is made on a daily basis
Yesterday, today and tomorrow do not have to match
Each of them can be unique and different
Hurt can exist but does not have to linger
A cloak temporary hiding possible happiness
The moon, the stars and the gifts
I have always held in my mind and heart
Too afraid to let them take flight
Not confident of their potential sight.
05/26/08
Well that is all I feel like blogging about today. The songs used today are Song For The Mira, today's version is by Brendan Grace, Further North by Jets To Brazil, title lyrics are from Emerson Hart's very good Flyin' and there is a link to it below.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Sj6ZO2bYrT4
Unwind your kite, you never know when the breeze will come and fly you away.
jr.

No comments: