Thursday, May 8, 2008

"I'll tell you one more thing, I confess to self deception, pull the lock and pry it open...."

Well I got a new cellphone to replace the one I lost because I was an idiot. I didn't get anything overly fancy, just a LG Shine which is a little bit of an upgrade from the Krazor. What a fiasco losing the phone turned into. I might surgically implant this one into my body, to keep from losing it.
Yesterday was my parent's 31st wedding anniversary and it amazes that anyone can stay married. I am 30 and can't imagine that kind of commitment coming from me any time soon. My mother's parents, my aunt, my cousin, myself and my parents went out to dinner to celebrate. It was a pretty good meal.
It rained like it was April yesterday and the weather seems about 2 weeks behind where it should be. Though I have noticed plenty of tulips and other new flowers blooming beautifully.
"Now hang me up to dry, you wrung me out, too too too many times....."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=l9hYnWZQrxY
Television's favourite Canadian grandmother and sex therapist Sue Johanson is going off the air. Her show began in Canada as a radio call in show, then Canadian television call in show and has been airing for the last 6 years in the United States on the Oxygen network. I knew her show was still on but I have never head of the Oxygen network. Anyway the story is below along with a link from her last appearance on the Letterman show. She is a great guest, being 77 and using words that make Dave cringe. (Well I couldn't find it)
http://www.cnn.com/2008/SHOWBIZ/TV/05/07/tv.sunday.night.sex.ap/index.html
Habits, everyone has them and they usually define us. Apparently it is not good to resist changing them and it is better to slowly try new things. It allows you to build new brain cells. I am a creature of habit and have a hard time breaking habits. I am not against trying new things but like to be comfortable. There is a great article about habits below from the New York Times.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/04/business/04unbox.html?em&ex=1210305600&en=d23a1bdc535843e5&ei=5087%0A
The third round of the NHL playoffs start tonight with Dallas visiting Detroit. I want Dallas to win but will pick Detroit here.
"I've got one friend laying across from me, I did not choose him, he did not choose me, we've got no chance of recovery....."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XGrtSrlzs38
The Democratic party might have no chance of recovery after Hillary and Obama have been allowed to divide the party longer than necessary. Hillary should give up and now. On Tuesday she barely won Indiana 51%-49%, while Obama won North Carolina 56%-42% but Hillary vows to keep fighting. I respect that and wanted her as the nominee but what is happening now isn't good for their party and America. It just shows how flawed the nomination process is and how much money can be wasted, when it should be going to its citizens.
Between Tuesday and Wednesday I watched the movie The Savages, Laura Linney and Phillip Seymour Hoffman and that it was pretty good. I am a big fan both actors and dysfunctional family movies which this one was. The more dysfunctional, the better. Real life is more dysfunctional than we might admit to. Even we ourselves are. Normal might easily be defined as dysfunctional but not in a bad way. A review of The Savages is below.
http://movies.nytimes.com/2007/11/28/movies/28sava.html
Well Cbc.ca says it is 13.1 degrees, I say it is overcast and windy. The characters coming and going from this particular Starbucks is as always interesting. That is being kind.
john.

No comments: