Sunday, June 8, 2008

"Why is there no breeze, no currency of leaves..."

There is a breeze but it is still too damn hot. Currently it is 30 Celsius but feels like 40 and it is nearly 7 pm. There are thunderstorm and tornado warnings all over the area, and apparently a tornado hit the ground in Lucan which is north of here.
We decided to play ball hockey today, yes, in this heat. I nearly died playing goalie with all the equipment, jogging pants and sweater but it was fairly fun and good exercise. We are Canadians after all. I also had a little too much rye in my system and a Harvey's burger combo lunch. Actually I should be dead from heat exhaustion for being so stupid.
"With a sky blue sky, this rotten time wouldn't seem so bad to me now..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=1RRkrccHgNI
Well the skies got black and the rain fell in the last 15 mintues or so. I tried to take some pictures but they didn't turn out the best. It was quick and intense but didn't seem as bad as I suppose it could have been.
I wish I had something more interesting to write or link to but I am exhausted. I think I will try to find a movie to watch and drift into the Sunday night.
I think Wilco might be my second favourite active band behind Counting Crows. Their lyrics and clips used today are Sky Blue Sky and below You Are My Face, excellent stuff.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=RgNJdWUX1do
john.

No comments: