Sunday, June 22, 2008

"There are places I remember, all my life, though some have changed..."

There is a man in Australia who is auctioning off his life. Apparently after he got his heart broke he decided to put his entire life for sale on EBAY. It is an interesting concept and the link to the story is below. I suppose you can get rid of almost everything in your life, if you want or need to, but you can't get rid of your life. At least until death, without death there is still life. So he can sell everything he wants but in the end he is left with himself and his memories. I don't have a problem with this, if this is what he wants, it is his life after all. I am sure one day in the future, long after I am less than dust, humans will be able to erase their memories on a daily basis. If you have a bad day, you will be able to wake up like it never happened. This is a scary concept but imagine being able to see the world again for the first time. Would we like what we see or not? Back to the guy selling his life. What if your life had little to no monetary value? What if you tried to sell your life and couldn't? It would have to be worse than the life prior. I think change is better attempted in small steps.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/080620/tecnology/net_auction_life_dc
"Give my love to Rose please won't you mister..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TQmvIXN00jI
It turned out to be a pretty nice day. The sky has been overcast most of the afternoon but as of yet there hasn't been any rain. Though if I was writing this an hour from now, it might not be the case.
The Jays actually won today, 8-5, their first win under Cito Gaston.
I spend a fair amount of time, writing or reading in coffee shops. Doing so provides me with an assortment of characters to observe. What amazes me is how many people come into either Starbucks or Williams just to use the bathroom. Or better yet, they just come into sit and don't get anything. At either place, nobody seems to care and that doesn't surprise me either, because anything beyond the counter isn't of concern. The downtown Starbucks is especially bad with the bums and punks spending long periods of time in the bathroom, helping themselves to handfuls of napkins, sugar packs or whatever they can take. Not to mention, the ones that come in and fall asleep. These settings are perfect for creating characters, because as much as you can imagine a person, there is nothing easier than having them right before your eyes for observation.
Today's title lyric is from In My Life by The Beatles and there is a clip to it below. Also the other lyric is obviously Give My Love To Rose by Mr. Cash.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ym0x3vTw6yc
Is there anything less boring than a Sunday night?
jr.

No comments: