Sunday, July 27, 2008

"Life is for the taking...."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fEcysw1pjjM
Oh Maria by Sam Roberts
I am tired and unmotivated today. But last night was a lot of fun. It started with some backyard drinking at a friend's house beside his new enclosed fire pit. There were a few of us and it was also our friend's front neighbour's birthday, so we paid our respects and mingled with them. I think shortly before midnight we headed out to Molly's, where we met up with another friend who was out celebrating his bachelor party. The bar was fairly busy and much of my memory of it, is fragmented at best. Though I do remember having my attention distracted on the dance floor. Our friend who was celebrating his bachelor party was dressed up as a female, complete with long haired wig and an old lady style dress. It was like Halloween and he is a better man than me because I could never do that, except perhaps on Halloween. Anyway, good night with lots of friends out and more than enough drinks. I don't exactly remember going to bed but woke up on a strange couch, where a friend is house sitting for his sister. It was strange, I was like, where am I? And man did my head hurt, and there was flavoured popcorn everywhere. The messes we make of ourselves and everything else when we are drunk, are often unexplainable. With the simplest explanation being, we were drunk.
It took most of the morning but Jeff and I finally got motivated to go out for breakfast. Where upon waiting for our food, we decided you go nowhere when you die. Let all the religion nuts have our souls upon their knives. Also when questioned about the meaning of life, I had no explanation. The only reasonable explanation would be having children, they are the only pieces of us that will last beyond our deaths. Though being 30 and with none, I think there must be another meaning, worth searching for.
"The answer, my friend, is blowing in the wind..."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ced8o50G9kg
Blowing In The Wind by Bob Dylan
The following is from The Fire-Dwellers by Margaret Laurence.
"Very far away in a galaxy countless light-years from this planet, a scorpion-tailed flower-faced film buff sits watching a nothing-shaped undulating screen. He decides he's seen enough. He switches off the pictures which humans always believed were themselves, and the imaginary planet known as Earth vanishes..."
"Be a simple kind of man...."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=sHQ_aTjXObs
Simple Man by Lynyrd Skynyrd
It is tough being a simple kind of man, when the world is like this.
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/asiapcf/07/27/india.blasts/index.html
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/07/27/turkey.violence/index.html
Cowards with bombs, are very dangerous people. It's too bad we can't make them vanish, like they do lives.
I read a quote today, it said "memories are everyone's second chance at happiness...", I thought it was great quote. But for all the wrong reasons, there isn't enough happiness in memories.
jr.

No comments: