Saturday, July 19, 2008

"Call out your name...after the rain..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=id8TAm2og_w
After The Rain by Blue Rodeo.
We have had a couple down pours of rain today and it looks like another could come soon. The air through is still too stagnant, it is too hot and humid. This weather makes everyone a little agitated, people just seem like they are in a bad mood.
My toe is not looking much better, there is a lot of blood under the nail. I decided I was sick of looking at it, so I put a band aid on it. I really don't want to lose the toenail, so I am trying to take it easy.
Last night I watched the movie Smart People. I thought it was really good, the movie stars Dennis Quaid, Ellen Page, Thomas Haden Church and Sarah Jessica Parker. Quaid plays a cankerous single father who is a professor, Page is his clone daughter, Church is his adopted "bum" brother and Parker, a doctor, becomes his love interest. The movie really appealed to me because it has dysfuctional characters and quirky moments, this is my favourite type of movie. It reminds me of movies like The Squid and The Whale, Igby Goes Down and King Of California. I was surprised that Parker didn't turn me off the movie, she is not one of my favourites but she was effectively limited in this role. Though I would have watched for Page and Quaid anyway. There is a link to information about the movie below.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0858479/
"I never thought this could happen but somehow the feeling is gone, you got sick of the patterns and I got lost in this song........."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=JKLsppZaa98
Hasn't Hit Me Yet by Blue Rodeo.
With the rain today, I decided to watch a movie. The movie I watched was called Turn The River, it wasn't great but was watchable. Some of the comments about the movie compared it to Rounders and it wasn't even close. The movie stars Famke Janssen and Rip Torn. Famke is a pool hustler who is trying to raise money to smuggle her son out of the country. She had lost total access to her son but manages to communicate with him, eventually getting him to agree to leave with her. The ending is a little mysterious but it passed an hour and a half. There is a link to information about the movie below.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811128/
I guess it is a Blue Rodeo type of day. Most days could be.
jr.

No comments: