Wednesday, August 20, 2008

"You'd kill yourself for recognition; kill yourself to never ever stop. You broke another mirror; you're turning into something you are not..."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6uaTYjCWvY
High and Dry by Radiohead
So I finally watched The Dark Knight and it was very good as advertised. Ledger's joker is creepy, funny and brilliant. I don't think I should of, but I laughed when he walked out of the hospital dressed as a nurse and blew it up. The Internet Movie Database has it ranked #3 all-time at 9.2/10 only behind The Shawshank Redemption and The Godfather. I think Shawshank is a lot better but only because its story is not based on a superhero but a man jailed for a crime he didn't commit. I don't think it is a coincidence that the great Morgan Freeman is in 2 of the top 3 movies. Information about the Dark Knight is below.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/
"Just dream about, someone else tonight. Just dream about, color fills our song. Just dream about, how I will let go..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbGUrNtoRC4
Dream About Me by Moby
I wrote the following early this afternoon.
A Milky White River of Smoothness
Summer has settled into comfortable days
A clear blue sky usually prevails over cloud
There has been adequate breeze to cool us
Should the August sun become too warm
Perfection might be a word used by some
I am more inclined to say it is almost there
My real and perceived flaws make it impossible
Too many pieces of the puzzle are missing
There is a picture but it is not clear enough
I am one of many looking out the same window
Seeing what no woman seems able to see
The potential of them and me in this life
My own possibilities have been buried by me
They are deep in a soul with many holes
Most of them have escaped like time
Unfortunately they are not coming back
I no longer mourn their necessary passing
Freedom comes in varying shapes and faces
Mine is littered with scars of nervous habits
Hers is a milky white river of smoothness
Flowing to a heart disconnected from mine
A peaceful and easy feeling is only a song
I hear occasionally late at night on the radio
Not everything is hard like a mountain boulder
Life has actually become easier with age
Not in the physical or material sense but emotionally
Learning is necessary after failing and disappointing
My lessons are still a large work slowly progressing
The length of an afternoon can hardly be compared
Many more of them will pass casually by me
Until there is some reasoning to their rhyme
I do not expect any large miracles to come along
Singular moments are all of my entitlement
This should be enough for me on most days
Assuming they are not spent searching for a face.
08/20/08
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/080818/national/chretien_harper
So it is nice to see that former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chretien is completely recovered from his heart bypass surgery to verbally abuse Stephen Harper. Someone who can verbally take and receive a punch needs to knock Harper from his high horse and Chretien is someone who can do that. There is no one active in Canadian politics who can play the game better than Chretien. Sleeping dogs only lie still for so long.
jr.

No comments: