Tuesday, December 9, 2008

"Tell me you never wanted more than this and I will stop talking now, one perfect partner, one eternal kiss......."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDGzB82bIZc
Take Back The City by Snow Patrol
I have been fighting a cold for almost two weeks now. I am fine at home, but once I go outside my nose starts running. Also working in an environment where I am exposed to different spice smells doesn't help either. I am hoping the up and down temperature changes expected this week doesn't make it worse.
After a weekend of more snow and cold, it is raining and above freezing today. The snow has been turned into slush and the rain is waiting to turn into ice. Though I don't think it is supposed to be below freezing until tomorrow, so it might not be so bad.
The Liberal Party of Canada looks like it is prepared to make Michael Ignatieff its new leader. The other major contender Bob Rae has given his support to Ignatieff and presenting an united party. This is an important move for the Liberal party and its battle against Stephen Harper. Ignatieff isn't as much in favour of the coalition with the NDP and the Bloc. He is taking a more wait and see approach when parliament resumes in late January.
I feel sorry for Stephane Dion. He is a highly intelligent man, a nice man and a man who cares about his country. He was troubled by his inability to speak normal English and plagued by embarrassing moments. Dion rose to the leadership of the Liberal party, when he should have remained in the background and would have been able to use his skills more appropriately. Also I think the Canadian media was more negative than necessary towards Dion. Everyone needs someone to pick on, and they were too much in the pocket of the Prime Minister to go after him.
It is not only time Canadians took back their cities but we need to take back our country. Hopefully 2009 is the end of the Conservative dictatorship and arrogance.
One of my favourite baseball players and one of the greatest pitches of all-time Greg Maddux retired from baseball yesterday. Maddux won 355 games, eighth on the all-time list and an amazing 18 gold gloves. His best season statistically was in 1995, when he was 19-2 with a microscopic ERA of 1.63. Below is an article about one of the most classy athletes of all-time.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=3755781
"Make a circle in the sand, make a halo with your hand, I'll make a place for you to land.........."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLMLbzH2JAM
Above is a beautiful acoustic version of Miami by Counting Crows. If only it was as easy as making a place for someone to land. It is making a place for them once they land that is hard. Many of us are used to being alone and it is a way of life, and it gets harder to believe in anything else.
I guess I think I feel alright.
john.

No comments: