Friday, December 19, 2008

"Stay, stay and watch the coals, till they cease to glow like empty promises....."

1:40 pm
Starbucks
Dundas and Richmond
London, Ontario

I am ugliness, therefore I can see beauty.
It looks as if it is going to be a very white holidays after all. We are getting hit by a "nice" snowstorm and have been since around 6 this morning. Blizzard like conditions, snow in need of shovelling, even after it has been shovelled. People are walking snowmen or snowwomen, cars are like giant sleighs.
I am actually enjoying the weather, it is my weekend and I am in no hurry. I will be heading to my grandparents soon for another Friday night dinner.
I have 2 more nights of work until I am off into the new year and it can't come soon enough. Working midnights is killing me, and I am teaching myself to grow old doing it.
I have as many as 5 books on the go, and can't seem to make it through any of them. I hate the fact that I haven't seen a good movie, for too long.
Today's song is A Falling Through by Ray LaMontagne. I assume it is about some break up or another, the evolution of relationships and their passings. Life is but a breath. Remember. Forget. It is your choice. Though doing one is harder than the other, take your pick.
Possibilities are not endless, they are limited. A simple fact, unless you are an intellectually stupid dreamer.
The holidays (Christmas) is no more significant than the rest of the year. No matter what, some people will tell you.
There might be tangerine trees but I haven't seen any. I see fake metal coloured trees outside the window. Swirling snow, rushing people and insignificant hindsight.
Make a snow angel, because angels are only things we create.
jr.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2T-CUPWsXg

No comments: