Saturday, December 20, 2008

"And if you're trying to paint a picture, but you're not sure which colors belong, just paint what you see, don't let anyone say it's wrong........"

1:00 pm
Starbucks
Dundas and Richmond
London, Ontario

"Global poverty is a powder keg that could be ignited by our indifference." Bill Clinton.
I got home from my grandparents shortly after 7 last night, after a good meal of slow cooked pork chops done in a smoked hickory sauce, baked red potatoes with sour cream and an assortment of steamed vegetables. I had two complete plates and one slice of apple pie (or slightly more) for dessert (my contribution, bought of course). Very shortly after coming home I went to bed. I slept from around 8 until 9 this morning, I woke up once at close to 4 but didn't bother getting out of bed. I feel pretty rested today and plan on getting my haircut, and a couple more gift cards.
I have already visited the bookstore where I limited myself to one book and I am enjoying some tea right now. I might even do some writing.
I think we got between 10-15 centimetres of snow yesterday and it is definitely a winter wonderland out there. Apparently more snow is on the way Sunday.
I started watching a movie this morning where the main character suffers from depersonalization. I know I don't, but often feel less of a personal connection than I should. In reality, the older I get, the more people annoy and bother me. I think I understand better how trivial their problems are, but to them they are like mountains.
We inhale, we exhale and then life is over. What you do only matters to those living now and when all of them or you are gone, it will not matter. It is not pessimism, it is realism.
Today's featured lyrics are from Wilco's What Light. They got the great privilege of opening up for Neil Young during his recent tour, including back to back nights at New York's Madison Square Garden. A review of that show, particularly Neil's performance is below and a fleeting mention of Wilco being good but not inspiring. I would have gladly loved to go to any one of the shows on this tour.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/17/arts/music/17youn.html?ref=music
The afternoon's passing is like a blanket of snow reflecting off the snow.
john.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE-Bdekw26g (Live)
"I dreamt I saw you walking up a hillside in the snow, casting shadows on the winter sky as you stood their counting crows........."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jHZwcif5hk (Counting Crows, A Murder of One with Doris Day alternates, Live)

No comments: