Sunday, December 21, 2008

"How could this love, ever turning, never turn its eye on me, how could this love, ever changing, never change the way I feel......"

1:30 pm
My bed
London, Ontario

I like sharp pencils.
Snow is blowing out the window and this Sunday is a field of white. Christmas is around the corner and for all its faults, it still makes people smile. The reasons do not have be large, they can be as small as a smile itself. The result of a random act of kindness.
My weekends have become very boring but also very relaxing. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours drinking tea, reading and writing. Then I went and got my haircut, despite having to wait about an hour. I should have figured that it would busy on the last Saturday before Christmas. After hiding my head back under my toque, I went to the mall. I was able to get 3 more gift cards relatively painless and I am almost done my shopping now. I know it doesn't provide the personal touch but all I am giving this year are gift cards or money. It is easier for me and people can get what they want or need.
I got home shortly after 6 and ate some supper. After which I watched the Leafs spank the Penguins 7-2, going to bed right after the game. This couldn't have been much after 9:30 and I slept pretty good only waking up at 3 and 6, finally getting up at 8. I don't know if it is from working midnights or because I used to stay up late on weekends, going to bars or whatever. I am actually enjoying going to bed early and getting up early, no hangovers and no regrets.
This morning I finished watching Numb, the movie where the main character Matthew Perry suffers from depersonalization. The movie wasn't bad or great, it was watchable, the plot was flawed. Also I couldn't help thinking of Perry as Chandler from Friends like in all his movies, it is too hard to separate him from that role. The woman in the movie Lynn Collins was very cute as curly haired redheads can be. Information about the movie is below.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0795439/
"Autumn leaves under frozen souls, hungry hands turning soft and old, my hero crying as we stood out their in the cold, like these autumn leaves I don't have nothing to hold........."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB5xoDEOgec
With autumn's official passing this morning, the lyrics above are from Paolo Nutini's sad and poignant Autumn.
I wrote the following yesterday afternoon, a shorter piece than usual, but a piece of writing anyway. Inspired by Venus, a smiling woman and influenced by autumn's ending. Though with our weather, it has been winter for weeks now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB5xoDEOgec
Autumn’s Last Morning
Reflected light causes Venus to glow brightly
I will be studying her on winter nights soon
A man devoid of beauty finding its presence
I woke late today on autumn’s last morning
A wan without a purpose looking for some
The semblance of a reason to strive higher
Angels are only created by our imaginations
Faces given feathers to fly across landscapes
Their passing is as blinding as sun on snow
We are never the same in our heart or mind
The world has changed for the better or worse
A song never heard before and forever sung
I do not sing but will always be listening
When carollers recite their holiday hymns
Words for the believers and even non-believers
Faith is loving without ever being shown love
I am a wanderer of sarcasm and information
Miscellaneous facts tied up in pieces of ribbon
The sky is too vast for them to be seen below
Absorbed into the atmosphere on the jet stream
She is a smile waiting to be really happy again
I could write about readiness and bad timing
A repeated record playing through scratches
The sound is piercing and nothing like music
There is no beauty left in my self impression
Venus stole what remained from me last night.
12/20/08
Today's featured lyrics are from another sad but good song, Beck's Lonesome Tears. It seems with every Beck album there is a song I take to, despite not being a big fan. The clip below is an acoustic version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPlVqMFblFQ
I guess it will soon be nap time, 2 more nights of work until 12 nights off.
john.
"I got some things I can't tell anyone, I got some things I just can't say, they're the kinda things that no one knows about, just need somebody to talk to me, I'm thinking about leaving tomorrow, I'm thinking about being on my own, think I've been wasting my time....."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-64LZidMb0
Staying with good and sad songs, above is Speedway by Counting Crows.

No comments: