Saturday, March 28, 2009

"Now, most days, I spend like a child. Who's afraid of ghosts in my mind. I know, there ain't nothing out there, still afraid to turn on the lights.."

Today I got my tickets to see Counting Crows July 9 at Sarnia's Bayfest with opening act The Trews. I didn't get the VIP tickets I wanted and just got licensed general admission tickets. The price for these wasn't bad at all, $27.99 Canadian.
I have been listening to a lot of Amos Lee over the past couple of days. Which might explain the bittersweet lyrics from Arms of a Woman as the blog title. I even made a mixed tape of his songs, how retro.
Below is something I wrote yesterday and still relevant today, I suppose.
It was a pretty nice day today for late March, though the sun has now disappeared and the rain will shortly fall, and the moon will hide. There are certain things I am sure of and more things I am unsure of.
A Vacuum Of Dust
The moon is more lovely than the sun
I can be rejected under its luminosity
Without feeling humiliated by glares
Hour after hour of eyes exploring me
When there is no desire to be noticed
I hanker to exist in a vacuum of dust
Unidentifiable against everything else
Completely irrelevant in a garbage bag
Buried until decomposing is completed
Finally freed from pretending to exist
You are more lovely than I imagined
Considering all the time you putrefy
Trapped inside my mind and heart
I should know you without any light
Similar to the veins crossing my hand
Bringing blood to my feeble existence
A breath inhaled waiting to be exhaled
The goodbye spoken before the hello
Romance is better before it has begun
I should know this by now but do not
Instead words are written and rhymed
Dreams are choreographed and changed
You could understand but probably not
Fickleness comes as a part of loneliness
The pathetic are forced to walk exposed
Under an overbearing sun of narcissism
Weakness comes from ugliness’s womb
I am the sum of everything subtracted
There is nothing good left or so it seems
When the sun shines and the moon hides.
27/03/09
jr.
Arms of a Woman by Amos Lee
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5hPVqPMywc
(Crows clip(s) of the entry)
"I sold my piano, it couldn't come with me..."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8GSHg_aybk
Washington Square (Last night Melbourne, Australia)
"I wanna sink slowly without getting wet........"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSQTTD48A0
Time and Time Again (Last night Melbourne, Australia)

No comments: