Monday, March 16, 2009

"But all of these horses that you chase around, in the end they are the ones that always bring you down...."

So on Saturday I was 5 minutes of scoreless hockey between Colorado and Edmonton away from winning over $23,000 on a $2 bet. All I needed on my Proline ticket was for Colorado and Edmonton to make it to the shootout, instead because someone somewhere is giving me the big fuck you, Colorado scored 30 seconds or so into the overtime period. I knew it was going to happen but still sat there and watched it unfold on CBC. Screw Me Night in Canada. But I don't believe in luck, well anything but bad luck. Me having the ticket was insignificant to the result but it certainly did not feel like it.
Enough of that.
Growing up in the 1990's, I still return to the music of my youth. My favourite albums of the 1990's would be August and Everything After by Counting Crows, Bringing Down the Horse by The Wallflowers, Lemon Parade by Tonic, Unplugged by Nirvana and Achtung Baby by U2. I am sure I could have put one by Pearl Jam, The Pumpkins or Radiohead in there, but for now there is my list.
Something I wrote today. Better written than thought, or better thought than written.
Better Hidden
The circumstances of my failings
Appear on the screen like riddles
Mocking tributes to my sarcasm
Friends will laugh but not nicely
I am a stain on the human scene
Fragments of bone left decaying
With no courage to burn to ash
I will litter the ground like weeds
The days have become very bright
Winter is dying before April comes
Bringing her light and its creations
I am better hidden in your shadows
The man who is not easily found
Should anyone actually be looking
There are no offerings in my palms
For me there is not a god or a devil
Good and evil exist and commingle
One cannot function without the other
The best of enemies throughout life
When one is shining, the other dulls
Cruelty being offset with kindness
The villains imagining the heroes
I am no longer concerned with love
There is a way to live in its absence
Broken men do not need very much
Novels and their unique characters
Poetic lyrics and their classic songs
An afternoon without telling mirrors
The clown behind the glass laughing
Rendered mute and finally invisible
April would instantly seem beautiful
A girl remembered for her intelligence
Despite the smell of sex on her body
After a night under the slivered moon
Nature being a summer blanket enough
When I was younger and less confused
Age is supposed to bring us knowledge
All it has brought for me is uncertainity
The memories of friendships vanishing
I am a suggestion lacking serious merit.
16/03/09
jr.
Invisible City by The Wallflowers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UppK59ajcow
(Crow clip of the entry)
Colorblind 10/28/08 Wellmont, NJ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeehlhaMs50

No comments: