Wednesday, March 18, 2009

"I was looking at you there and your face looked wrong, memory is an echo silent song, I didn't understand..."

Today looks less like a spring approaching day and more like an autumn approaching day. The sunlight of the previous few days has turned to a greyness.
Last night Martin Brodeur became the NHL's all-time leader in goaltender wins and anyone else other than Patrick Roy having the record is fine by me. His 552 passed Roy's 551 and are well ahead of my personal favourite Ed Belfour's 484. Curtis Joseph also got win 452 last night. Brodeur is a good guy too, which makes it easy to accept his holding of the record. I don't really get overly excited about sports as I used to when I was younger, but still watch enough.
Right now I am listening to XPN radio online and the great sounds of The Band. Ophelia to be exact.
Today I started reading Humboldt's Gift by Saul Bellow and have never read a book by him, so I am interested in my opinion on his writing.
Below is something I wrote an hour or so ago. Often things and people are better left undefined.
Undefined
This view has looked better
Dust gathers in every corner
The room needs a painting
White walls and blue blinds
Should sunlight return to us
Today is late winter greyness
After days of spring brightness
I sharpened a pencil to scratch
Never able to sketch or write
These words appear instantly
With the stroke of a keyboard
Technology lets me be creative
My penmanship is not strong
I am an untidy idea scribbler
Lacking patience for neatness
When it comes to white paper
The blank screen is my muse
Word processors erase easier
Pencils smudge and pens stain
All my thoughts are analyzed
Before they finalize on screen
Taking their ultimate meaning
In the eyes of the few readers
Who do not pass over absently
They are present in the moment
I feel many of mine are wasted
Worrying about them too much
Instead of living and proceeding
Where situations take my heart
Romance is best when undefined
Thinking only scatters language
Minds speaking rather than bodies
I am sure silence is not the answer
Trees will soon be full of colour
Leaves whispering about summer
Returning on the breeze of spring
Happenstance may discover hours
Where you and I are able to walk
Through our lives and what matters
Finding reasons why we can adore
Those things others see and do not
Learning how to feel special again
Together among nature's children.
18/03/09
If you aren't listening to creators of the featured song today, Fleet Foxes, you really should be.
That's all.
john.
He Doesn't Know Why by Fleet Foxes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brZTvGIzeGg
(Crows clip of the entry)
"I wish I was a girl, so that you could believe me..."
I Wish I Was A Girl
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSZ5xVLfTg8

No comments: