Monday, April 28, 2008

"Tell me I got here at the right time, if I did it's probably the first time, no second guesses or secret signs......"

I am tired today because I slept horribly last night. I am sure it was a carryover from Saturday night's activities. Being the geek I am, I figure that out of the 20 or so people that were there, 8 of them had first names that began with a J. This has been the case for the inner circle of our friends for years, the J's just follow us. Since Jeff had the day off today, we had a late breakfast at Richie's and I had dinner at my grandparents. Tonight it was macaroni and cheese with fresh baked Pilsbury rolls and apple pie for dessert. I had 2 plates, no wonder I am over 170 pounds now. Though I feel it is a very healthy weight for me.
"Don't leave us in the darks, every heart is much the same, we tell ourselves down here, the same chambers fed by veins, the same maze of love and fear, we thought you were a saint, but the halo was an eye, it's hard to see how there could be so much dark inside the light...."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=lWcs1P0kHkg
The story below about an Austrian man who held his daughter captive for 24 years and used her as a sex slave is one of the most bizarre and disgusting stories I have read in a long time. Not only did he use her for sexual pleasure but she bore him 6 children that lived, one that died. Some of the kids had never seen light. To think that this went on for 24 years without anyone else being aware is the most unbelievable part of the story for me.
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/austria_captive_daughter
"Peter said to Paul you know all those words we wrote, are just the rules of the game and the rules are the first to go...."
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8yrNLLw92F0
From Half A Yellow Sun by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (I am nearly finished).
"He writes about the world that remained silent while Biafrans died. He argues that Britain inspired the silence. The arms and advice that Britain gave Nigeria shaped other countries. In the United States, Biafra was "under Britain's sphere of interest." In Canada, the prime minister quipped, "Where is Biafra?" The Soviet Union sent technicians and planes to Nigeria, thrilled at the chance to influence Africa without offending America or Britain. And from their white-supremacist positions, South Africa and Rhodesia gloated at further proof that black-run governments were doomed to failure.
Communist China denounced the Anglo-American-Soviet imperialism but did little else to support Biafra. The French sold Biafra some arms but did not give the recognition that Biafra most needed. And many Black African countries feared that an independent Biafra would trigger other secessions and so supported Nigeria."
"Out on the desert now and feeling lost, the bonnet wears a wire albatross, monster ballads and the stations of the cross, sighing just a little bit......"
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XoCXHMvzHk8
The music guests this week on Letterman are The Roots, Alicia Keys, Josh Groban Robyn and Nick Lowe. Today's blog features lyrics from and links to Josh Ritter's music, I am a big fan. Well time to give my full attention to the Canadiens and Flyers game, the Flyers have just scored to make it 1-0. The weather is 6 as the sun disappears behind dark clouds and we are immersed in dusk. Eventually we will all be were we need to be at the right time, even if it never seems like we are.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xzf8QcZLXh4
John.

No comments: