Sunday, November 30, 2008

"Wake me when it's spring time in heaven, when the tears are all white from my face...and I'm strong enough to walk in that place........"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mduT5PlLRgU
Blanket Of Ghosts by Dustin Kensrue
So as pleasurable as yesterday's weather was today's weather is turning as nasty as can be expected for late November in Canada. Right now there is a combination of freezing rain and snow assaulting my window. The wind picked up immensely from the time I stopped for tea and browsed through the downtown market. I love the uniqueness of the market compared with the typical environment of a regular grocery store. Or the sure abundance of a super store, you (or at least me) can get lost.
My laptop is back working today, I turned it on and the screen actually came on. Go figure, I was actually looking forward to shopping for a new one. Though now I hope I can get some more time out of this one. Must be frugal in these uncertain times.
So I spent the last half of the morning and the early afternoon reading Elle by Douglas Glover. Did I mention that I was up before the sun again this morning. My weekend sleeping has actually been normal, Friday in bed before 10 and up before 6, Saturday in bed shortly after 10 and up shortly after 6. I guess this is what happens when you avoid parties and bars on the weekend. It is actually nice and I could get used to it during the coming winter months.
The following passages are from Elle.
"I have made many mistakes. I blame printed books for this, a recent invention which has led us to solitary pleasures: reason, private opinions, moral relativism, Lutheranism and masturbation."
"I must truly be in the fabled Land of the Dead. I am certainly not anywhere I ever expected to be at this stage in life - in Canada, pregnant, lying on the ice next to a white bear inside whose body I have taken refuge, naked except for the blood, slime and offal coating my body and the oddly attractive scattering of feathers glued to my skin, with a large dead dog tonguing my face and a strange man wearing tennis racquets on his feet standing over me."
Well I guess it is nearly time for my Sunday nap before work. The featured song by Dustin Kensrue seems appropriate enough for a day like today. I wouldn't mind waking up in a place where it is spring time, I doubt it would be heaven though.
jr.

No comments: