Wednesday, October 22, 2008

"I see today with a newsprint fray, my night is colored headache grey, don't wake me with so much, daysleeper......."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdDTCfD41Ck
Daysleeper by R.E.M.
I am one of these day sleepers and it has killed my creativity. I am barren like the coming landscape of November.
I finished reading Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen on Sunday, I would recommend it. Once again it is on to a new book.
I actually tried to write something the other night. The results are below.
Invisible To Everyone
The wind blew cold this morning
I am heading home for some sleep
After a long and unmotivated night
The previous hours passed by stupidly
I am unchallenged and easily bored
Life should be more than it is for me
Complex puzzles waiting to be solved
Instead of a bright mind fading away
Leaving nothing behind but darkness
The emptiness is killing my confidence
An already weak being on life support
I would like to pull the plug and be free
Allowing me to become a better person
The person of my dreams and imagination
A man with an abundance of gifts to give
Kindness, patience, passion and intelligence
I could be a man to love for some woman
One with a winter fire warmth in her heart
The flickering light never leaving her eyes
No matter how often I doubt my competence
When it comes to my abilities as a human
There have been too many days spent alone
For a fragility not to exist inside my person
I am too introverted to ever really be free
Though there has to be a better option
Rather than becoming invisible to everyone
Even in a room of friends it happens often
I disappear into myself and observe others
The familiar voices, smiles and laughter
Known stories and their exuberant telling
A shared history with differing interpretations
I was there in reality but not really there
The completeness of my input is incomplete
No wonder everything seems melancholy
When happiness is not easily felt or found
I am asleep in the warmth of better days
Not ready to wake to the reality of November
As it approaches closer with each gust of wind
Scattering October’s leaves and my fragile ideas
Returning me to a barren world of little hope.
10/21/08
Another edition of the countdown is below, top 100 out of 1397 songs.
After enough time it is not the substance of the secret but the fact that the secret exists at all.
jr.

Top 100 Songs Played This Year On My iTunes Player
1. You Can't Count On Me by Counting Crows (1)
2. The One I Love by David Gray (2)
3. All The Trees Are Hers by Hawksley Workman (3)
4. Supernatural Superserious by R.E.M. (4)
5. You Are My Face by Wilco (8)
6. Always by Neverending White Lights (7)
7. When I Dream Of Michelangelo by Counting Crows (6)
8. No One's Gonna Love You by Band of Horses (5)
9. Guaranteed by Eddie Vedder (10)
10. Empty by Ray LaMontagne
11. Wonderwall by Oasis
12. Waiting by City and Colour
13. Boy With A Coin by Iron and Wine
14. Have You Ever Seen The Rain? by C.C.R.
15. A Long December by Counting Crows
16. O Valencia by The Decemberists
17. Say It To Me Now by Glen Hansard
18. Chase This Light by Jimmy Eat World
19. Everything by Michael Buble
20. Creep by Radiohead
21. One by U2
22. Where The Streets Have No Name by U2
23. Calling All Friends by Low Stars
24. Long Road To Ruin by Foo Fighters
25. Hard Sun by Eddie Vedder
26. Strawberry Fields Forever by The Beatles
27. The Hardest Part by Coldplay
28. When You Were Young by The Killers
29. Thinking About You by Norah Jones
30. The Blues by Switchfoot
31. Every Part of Me by Sam Roberts
32. Off He Goes by Pearl Jam
33. Girl In The War by Josh Ritter
34. Blanket of Ghosts by Dustin Kensrue
35. Southern Girl by Amos Lee
36. Antichrist Television Blues by The Arcade Fire
37. Against The Wind by Bob Seger
38. Hard Candy by Counting Crows
39. Accidental Babies by Damien Rice
40. Naked As We Came by Iron and Wine
41. My List by The Killers
42. These Girls by Ryan Adams
43. Lemon Parade by Tonic
44. Sing by Travis
45. Kite by U2
46. Tupelo Honey by Van Morrison
47. Cowboys by Counting Crows
48. Have You Seen Me Lately? by Counting Crows
49. Catapult (Acoustic) by Counting Crows
50. Sky Blue Sky by Wilco
51. Everybody Knows by Ryan Adams
52. Gold In Them Hills by Ron Sexsmith with Chris Martin
53. Hannah by Ray LaMontagne
54. The Bends by Radiohead
55. Gotta Be Somebody's Blues by Jimmy Eat World
56. If You're Gonna Leave by Emerson Hart
57. Hospital Beds by Cold War Kids
58. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds by The Beatles
59. Small Town Southern Man by Alan Jackson
60. 1492 by Counting Crows
61. Falling Slowly by The Frames
62. A Time To Be So Small by Interpol
63. Tears and Rain by James Blunt
64. You're Always Going Too Soon by Matthew Jay
65. Alright by Pilot Speed
66. Only The Lonely by Roy Orbison
67. Please Be Patient With Me by Wilco
68. The Con by Tegan and Sara
69. On Again, Off Again by Sean Lennon
70. Jumpin' Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones
71. The Grace by Neverending White Lights featuring Dallas Green
72. Invincible by Muse
73. Bedshaped by Keane
74. NYC by Interpol
75. Society by Eddie Vedder
76. The Crane Wife 3 by The Decemberists
77. Miller's Angels by Counting Crows
78. The Weight by The Band
79. Hotel Roosevelt by Augustana
80. Diamonds On The Inside by Ben Harper
81. Mr. Jones by Counting Crows
82. Soul Meets Body by Death Cab For Cutie
83. Your Song by Elton John
84. Almost Lover by A Fine Frenzy
85. No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature by The Guess Who
86. Anna Molly by Incubus
87. Breakdown by Jack Johnson
88. 1973 by James Blunt
89. Mind Games by John Lennon
90. Snow Is Gone by Josh Ritter
91. Barfly by Ray LaMontagne
92. Hallelujah by Rufus Wainwright
93. Telling Them by Starsailor
94. Hello Sunshine by Super Furry Animals
95. Josephine by The Wallflowers
96. Impossible Germany by Wilco
97. Los Angeles by Counting Crows
98. Summer Skin by Death Cab For Cutie
99. Love Hurts by Incubus
100. If I Had Eyes by Jack Johnson

No comments: