Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Nobody here gets a word that I say and the problems I`m told, are more than medical.......

The Major League Baseball All-Star game was last night and it was actually a rather interesting game. I was going to write enjoyable but my favourite player Roy Halladay got hit hard after getting 5 straight outs before giving up 3 runs. He also had to bat and did not even have his own helmet. As much as he is my favourite player, the Jays need to trade him to get better for the future and he needs to go to a team with a General Manager who knows what he is doing. By the way, the American League won 4-3, and the National League now has not won since 1996.
Below is another 10 set of Counting Crows live performances, the version of a Long December is the best I have heard in years.

When I Dream of Michelangelo
From Sunday Mornings
July 2009 Somewhere out in America


Perfect Blue Buildings
From August and Everything After
August 8, 2007 Tulsa, Oklahoma


Recovering The Satellites
From Recovering The Satellites
May 8, 2009 Dublin, Ireland


New Frontier
From Hard Candy
July 9, 2009 Sarnia, Canada


Hard Candy
From Hard Candy
Summer 2007 Somewhere out in America


Rain King with Augustana
From August and Everything After
September 21, 2008 Seattle, Washington


Daylight Fading
From Recovering The Satellites
May 13, 2009 Birmingham, England


Mr. Jones
From August and Everything After
March 21, 2008 Good Morning America NYC

Miami
From Hard Candy
May 8, 2009 Dublin, Ireland


A Long December
From Recovering The Satellites
August 19, 2008 Toronto, Canada

I wrote the following this afternoon.
Summer is the Currency of the Blowing Breeze
Wrapped up toilet tissues hide our discretions
Polyurethane protecting us from our creations
The barrier between being needy and greedy
A thin walled membrane separating our cells
Defining male and female from boy and girl
The summer children play but eventually age
Their memories are defined by happy or sad
Rarely is a child indifferent like most adults
I am a hoarder of lyrics to my personal songs
A soundtrack for defining moods and seasons
Summer is the currency of the blowing breeze
You might forget but the writer in me cannot
Inspiration visits less frequently than before
I barely recognize myself in the cloudy sky
When the poems are read back to me today
Could a person only script the future to fail
Every potential love dies like vases of roses
Their petals more beautiful as they crumble
Destroying is my answer to others creating
I am a nuance to myself and find it pleasing
This has to be the reason for being faraway
Closeness is like a mirror and they scourge
Emotionally harmful more than physically
The body heals under the sun of a July day
Everything appearing normal on the shore
Under the waves the ocean trembles softly
I walk through the sand leaving footprints
Until the water washes my presence away
The moon is a better friend than the sun
Shadows are more interesting than light
The mind is the mystery worth resolving
Loving will always remain harder for me
Because too much thought has occurred.
15 July 2009
Monday night David Letterman had on a guy who does baseball stances, I found it rather funny.

And last night great music.

You and I Wilco with Feist
Another plane crash today, this time in Iran, it seems it is not safe flying foreign carriers.
Probably just an anomaly.
It has just started to rain here in southern Ontario.
If you are somewhere out in America, check out the circus.
http://www.travelingcircusshow.com/
john.

No comments: