Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Have you seen the little pieces of the people we have been.......

I have decided to slightly switch directions in my blog posts. There will be less of my thoughts and opinions on life, except in my poetry, which I will continue to post. I am going to share music I love, mostly live performances by Counting Crows. I hope to capture the diversity of the band through their live performances. With each post you will get a random set of videos, which might not flow like a live concert but will give you some idea of what you might experience at a live concert. My major interests in life right now are music, managing my fantasy baseball team, watching the Toronto Blue Jays, reading and Letterman. So I suppose I might comment on those hobbies, and provide you with links to what I am reading. There is a wide world out there, as most of you know and are living in it. This is a small wave of information in a wide ocean. I am usually drowning but you might be swimming.
Le Ballet D Or
From Sunday Mornings
May 31, 2008 Luxembourg



1492
From Saturday Nights
February 8, 2008 World Cafe Philadelphia



Have You Seen Me Lately
From Recovering The Satellites
February 5, 2008 Fuse Television



Round Here
From August and Everything After
Pinkpop Holland June, 2008



You Ain`t Going Nowhere
Bob Dylan cover
August 19, 2008 Toronto, Canada



Why Should You Come When I Call with Augustana
From Hard Candy
July 2009 Somewhere out in America



Speedway
From This Desert Life
July 9, 2009 Sarnia, Canada



Anna Begins
From August and Everything After
May 26, 2009 Sheffield, England



Colorblind
From This Desert Life
June 27, 2009 Chicago



Come Around
From Sunday Mornings
August 19, 2008 Toronto, Canada



The book I am currently reading is called I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. It tells the story of two twin brothers, one with schizophrenia and one without. I am about 300 pages through what I think is around 800 pages. A link to information about the book is below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Know_This_Much_Is_True
I wrote the following last night.
The Word Forever Means Very Little To Me
The July sun has begun its daily descent
A fireball of red burning our green trees
I missed its arrival on the wings of birds
Their morning songs no longer wake me
Staying comatose opposes the emptiness
I am safer when my eyes are tightly shut
The love is dried and blotched like skins
Chances are it will never be crystal clear
I have complicated things beyond repair
A shaking hand of nervousness remains
Where firmness and strength are wanted
I rarely venture out to my favourite spots
The river no longer finds me by its banks
Mother Nature has no solace to offer me
I used to memorize landmarks and signs
A collector of resting places for romance
When believing was as easy as breathing
I do not bother anymore with luck games
My karma is inevitably bad in this phase
There might be others after reincarnation
I believe in the nothingness of existence
The insignificance resulting from living
After thousands of years have dissipated
I will not be thought of like every person
Our Earth becoming ashes in outer space
Where our superior technology failed us
I do not want part of the story being told
My mind requires more and craves facts
The word forever means very little to me
I need a fixed date of our supposed return
Life gives a negative return on investment
There is no way any of us are getting rich
I suffer and should not like endless others
While people are silently in physical pain
They have no complaints and are faithful
I wish believing in anything was possible
But for me it will be more than a red sun
Even a woman who cares might fail here
I am far from the person who once cared
Whether being kind was enough for love
History has big screened its inadequacies
I am only here for the music and popcorn.
13 July 2009
Living is a lifetime commitment.
Happy 58th Birthday Dad.
john.

No comments: