Tuesday, July 28, 2009

"I wish that I was anesthetized and sterilized, and then we wouldn't have this evidence congealing......"

This summer has been the wettest I can remember. I do not mind the rain much but would rather sit outside on my balcony reading than be inside. I really need to purchase a few new books because my unread selection is lacking. If I had a couple of grand to drop on books, I would buy everyone on my list and disappear inside them.
Today we didn't get more than a few drops of rain but the humidity is annoying. I suppose in a perfect world it would be 22 or 23 Celsius each day with a little breeze and lots of sun. I have never lived in a perfect world, you might or might have.
I will be happy when the baseball trade deadline passes Friday, all the speculation is getting to be a bit much. I guess because around here it greatly involves a classless bum like J.P. Riccardi and a classy pitcher like Roy Halladay. He should trade him from a baseball business decision but he should never have been allowed to get to this point with this team. Ground Zero is the only hope for the Blue Jays, rebuild and see what happens in 4 or 5 years without Riccardi and Halladay.
I really need to start watching some good movies again, it has been so long. I tend to stay in bubbles longer than necessary, very little gets in and very little gets out.
I wrote the following last night.
Sliver
The night is not for writing
Earth’s moon is but a sliver
Replicate of my confidence
The night is for considering
Tossing and turning in bed
Kept up by Earth’s oceans
The morning is for sleeping
Waking only opens wounds
Earth’s sun is but a mirror
No longer reflecting smiles
I have almost disappeared
Without needing to return
All the dusty books boxed
Fingerprints left on covers
Earth’s satellites spinning
Showing us how far away
We are from anyone else
Dots on various horizons
Spread across landscapes
Drawn, imaged or natural
All the good dreams lost
Heartbreaks left on souls
Earth’s dwellers weeping
The night is not for loving
Nothing but a sliver lasts.
28 July 2009
Below is another 10 set of Counting Crows related live performances, especially of note this time is the poignant and rarely played Carriage aided by Jim Bogios father Chris on trumpet, very moving.

Angels of the Silences
Rotterdam, Netherlands
May 4, 2009


Cowboys
Rotterdam, Netherlands
May 4, 2009


Up All Night (Frankie Miller Goes To Hollywood)
Rotterdam, Netherlands
May 4, 2009


Carriage
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009


Mercury
Adelaide, Australia
March 26, 2009


Mr. Jones
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009


Cecilia with Augustana
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009


Washington Square with Dan Layus of Augustana
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009


Miami
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009
(Pay particular attention to the drunken fan who makes it up on stage during the song and also notice how it does not faze Adam at all)


This Land is Your Land with Augustana and company.
Berkeley, California
July 26, 2009

And so another night fades and the moon is yours, should you need it to illuminate something precious in this life.
jr.

No comments: