Tuesday, April 28, 2009

"I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream, you could have been anyone to me...."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1JPWESillg
Like a Hurricane by Neil Young (Live 2001)
The weather here at certain times of the year can be very contrasting from one day to another. Yesterday was windy, sunny and warm and today was windy, cloudy and cold. The rain disappeared by early afternoon but it was nothing like yesterday. Secretly though I don't mind the damp and cool weather. I think I would be very much at home in places where it often rains, Dublin and London, England instantly come to mind. Speaking of weather, The Student of Weather by Elizabeth Hay is a good book. And speaking of books, I should be reading the books I got today at the used bookstore. I won't bore you, whoever you are, with my selections. More words, more characters and more stories but most importantly more escape routes.
I really don't have much to write about. But we are Tuesday people.
I don't have Swine Flu, that I know of. Mexico hasn't and will probably never interest me. Like a lot of things. Though a lot of other things interest me, but their moments are fleeting.
Soon Tuesday will be gone. So appropriately.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8sF0bQBOsFM
Tuesday's Gone by Lynyrd Skynyrd
Gone with the wind.
I wrote something the other day, a vague (aren't they all) piece comparing my own invisibility to that of a black hole.
A Black Hole Destination Fascinates Me
I have been defeated many times before
The branded loser in a game of winners
Rejection does not feel unnatural to me
A sight much like the sun, sky or moon
Their varying colours make it interesting
Without changes in seasons and scenery
I would be nothing except black or blue
A silent mute were it not for these words
The hateful daggers or the cupid arrows
Indecisive in my writing like my living
Momentarily passionate or disinterested
There were parts of me to share with you
I broke, wasted, misplaced or used them
No matter what happened they are gone
Leaving me empty like a withered river
The water was pristine before mankind
Our many births, deaths and their thirst
Have made it impossible for true purity
All our angels are just floating feathers
The mystery is in our minds and souls
Whether we believe or are unqualified
I doubt everything but factual science
Spirituality is nice in theory like love
There are those who will call me cold
Acrimonious for those more intelligent
Knowing big words means little though
Apathetic can fit well beside rejection
Perhaps one only comes with the other
Togetherness is not a specialty of mine
I have lived thirty springs feeling alone
There is not a lack of loving around me
A black hole destination fascinates me
Invisibility with a definition like ghosts
Should you believe or are unquantifiable
Our individual value often rises and falls
Depending on other people's assessments
They can paint us as villains or as heroes
A landscape of a lifetime will vary greatly
Good becomes bad and love becomes loss
I know myself and therefore accept myself
The beauty is scarred and is a wound itself
Naturally winning feels better than losing
Expecting defeat makes it more bearable
When you are no longer surprised by life
There are invisible ways to smile through.
26/04/09
Space could be our only escape from this earthly misery.
The sky has cleared enough for the setting sun to be observed or so it seems at quarter after seven. A few Counting Crows clips to end. We are nothing, if not predictable.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22_S1ZvgkUY
When I Dream of Michelangelo (Live 2007)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRdDrhToly0
Rain King with Augustana (Live April 27, 2009 Good Morning America)
There is never enough time to observe and listen but some people have more than enough time to talk.
john.

No comments: