Monday, September 1, 2008

September lily, no ordinary flower store lily, you're fragrant and lovely like an ending, summer's gone and baby so are you......"

http://www.legalsounds.com/download-mp3/hawksley-workman/between-the-beautifuls/september-lily/song_784332
The first blog of September starts with beautiful lyrics from Hawksley Workman's September Lily. I couldn't find a youtube clip of the song, so there is a link to buy songs from its album Between The Beautifuls. You really should, it is brilliant.
We played softball today and I failed to warm up properly. This has resulted in many pains and it wasn't much fun playing today. I couldn't do much of anything and it was so frustrating, between pulling a stomach muscle, a hamstring and god knows what else. Still it was fun, didn't I just say it wasn't, okay it wasn't as fun as it could have been. It was nice getting together with friends.
I wrote the following last night, thinking about the end of summer and the coming September which is upon us.
In The Absence of Everyone Else
The last sundown of this August fades
A black but hardly menacing sky emerges
Occasional stars dot their existence above
September is waiting for her time below
I can hear the wild horses running free
My neglected heart bleeds to be captured
A firecracker explodes and a firefly crashes
Mosquitoes have replaced flies around candles
Their burning shadows dance like drunken fools
Summer’s last chance to play host to a party
Labour Day brings with it a non-calendar autumn
The feeling memory creation is no longer possible
What was created will have to do for this summer
Everything else can be found in a Sam Beam song
Love and some verses and a boy with a coin
I remember him as a better version of me
Heads or tales it did not matter at all
A smile always looked inside my baseball glove
The memory of it does not play much anymore
Having fun is tough for me to remember to do
Everything else can be found in Adam Duritz lyrics
Perfect blue buildings and all my friends
They see me as a better version of me
Fact or fiction it does not matter at all
I refuse to accept anything but stubbornness
The hideous consequence of my self perception
Feeling beautiful is nearly impossible lately
Especially in the absence of everyone else
Now August has faded and September rises
All the wild horses are silent beside rivers
I am drowning in the music of my time
A drunken fool with words to burn and forget
Tomorrow is another chance at a sunset
What more could a boy with a coin need.
08/31/08
Honestly you should be listening to Hawksley, Iron and Wine and of course Counting Crows. Below is some of Goodnight L.A. from August 29 in Detroit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRJJpPzMCw4
jr.

No comments: