Wednesday, August 25, 2010

My Summer Memory

"In a world that lives increasing in the moment, it's important to remember where we've come from, or we may wake up one morning unable to remember who we are." The Road to McCarthy by Pete McCarthy.
My Summer Memory
A mist has consumed the August night
The wetness is welcomed on my fingers
I am reminded of a young summer girl
Who could never stay dry in the heat
Water would drip from her like roofs
I swallowed gulps and stayed thirsty
She spread anywhere and gave anything
I could ever want and greediness won
Countless days were tossed blankets
Their need meant for winter's hours
Longer and lonelier than imaginable
Tolerable only with novels and music
East of Eden, August and Rubber Soul
Those days before Internet and iPod's
These days I am my own Nowhere Man
With my websites, music and novels
Juliet is naked and I'm reading her
But your body is my summer memory
I came on it too much to value it
Now it is beautifully bittersweet
When I think about its evolution
Because knowing is not possible.
August 25, 2010
jr.

No comments: